Friday, November 30, 2012

garden maintenance pt. 5

Alas, my final blog post! This semester has flown by. I have throughly come to enjoy gardening and I have actually signed up for FRC1010 in the spring, a fruit gardening class! This week in the garden I harvested the rest of my zinnias (they appear to have already "peaked" this season), another cucumber, and the last of my eggplants. I don't like cucumbers, so I bought some pickling supplies and I'm going to attempt to pickle my cucumber. The first cucumber I picked I cut into slices and put the slices over my eyes for a few minutes to unwind 8) (that's a smiley with cucumber slices over its eyes). I'm also waiting for one of my bell peppers, which is HUGE, to change colors before I harvest it. I'll probably cut it up and include it in a salad. I really wanted to pick one of my sunflowers this week, but there were several bees pollinating on it, so I just let it bee (pun intended!). Aside from harvesting, I just did some general weeding and raked between my beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment