Friday, December 14, 2012

Gainesville welcomes Trader Joe's!

Trader Joe's opened a Gainesville location this past Wednesday, December 12th, at 8 AM. My manager at my work gave out cool reusable grocery bags from the store to all the employees yesterday as little Christmas presents. Look how cute!


I decided to call them and get a feeling for what they were about before I shopped there; I had never heard of this chain before! I actually got to speak with Store Manager Jodi McCollough, who explained to me that TJ's is known for its healthy food options at affordable prices (apparently notably cheaper than Fresh Market's prices). Trader Joe's offers basic foods that one would find at any grocery store, as well as unique gourmet and/or organic food options. The store's slogan is "a neighborhood grocery store"; the wall decor of TJ's is unique to Gainesville, representing Gainesville "landmarks" such as the UF bat house and Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Safe to say I can't wait to visit during my day off tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment