Friday, November 16, 2012

garden maintenance pt. 4

This week, gardening class was cancelled due to Veteran's Day. However I went and visited my garden Wednesday afternoon to do some general garden maintenance: weeding, building up the beds, raking. I unfortunately had to compost one of my eggplants because caterpillars had begun to burrow into it (nasty!). I picked about one dozen zinnias and some of my beans as well. I am going to visit my garden again this afternoon to pick some hot peppers, my other eggplant, my zucchini, one of my bell peppers, and the rest of my beans so that I can bring these fresh goodies back home to Pensacola, Florida with me on Saturday and prepare some yummy pre-Thanksgiving meals to eat with my family.

Here is a link to link to one of the recipes my mom and I have agreed to try:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-vegetables-with-balsamic-vinegar/detail.aspx

It incorporates my eggplant, my zucchini, and my bell peppers! My mom and I are obsessed with balsamic dressing so I'm sure it will be delicious. These grilled veggies will be a good side to some pasta and garlic bread! :)

The second recipe my mom and I are planning to prepare the day I come home:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/moms-zucchini-bread/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=zucchini&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe%20Search%20Results

ZUCCHINI BREAD! I remember having a version of it a long time ago and I can't wait to make it using the fresh zucchini from my garden!


No comments:

Post a Comment